- Fail Fast, Fail Smart... Succeed!A talk on why failure is important in innovation and tips on how to create en environment where the effects of failure are minimized while maximizing the learning.
- Building a Culture of Continuous Improvement in Your CompanyAvvo created tools to encourage data-driven thinking, autonomy and a spirit of continuous improvement. This talk describes those tools, their implementation and the issues and challenges encountered when doing large-scale culture change in a ten-year-old company.
- Architecture and OrganizationYou might know Conway's law, but do you know the Inverse Conway Maneuver? How your team is organized influences your architecture. Kevin Goldsmith explores why you should consider changing your organization to improve your architecture.
- What Does Good Agile Look Like?One of the challenges when making an agile transformation or trying to level up agile teams is that many folks have never seen a truly high-performing agile organization. In this talk, I show what that looks like, to inspire and give a goal to those who are struggling with agile.
- Finding the right ingredients for the perfect teamA great team is a like a great dish, balanced flavors, tastes, textures and smells combine to create something unique and delicious. I've made the mistakes of trying to build unbalanced teams either with poor distributions of experience, bad combinations of temperament, clashing skill sets or lack of diversity. I'll share those mistakes. I'll also share some of the things I did right (either intentionally or unintentionally) to create the teams that have worked very well. I'll provide some things to look out and consider for as you build a team or just expand the one you have.
- The FCC's Dismantling of Net Neutrality, The FCC's Dismantling of Net Neutrality - Law Seminars International Webcast Panel, December 20, 2017
- Tech And... The New Workforce, General Assembly talk series, November 15, 2017
- Tech Apprenticeship: The Solution for Diversity and Talent Gaps, Tech Inclusion, October 18, 2017
- David vs. Goliath (Competing for Top Engineers Against Seattle Giants), Seattle Startup Week, October 02, 2017
- Hiring Company Panel, Apprenti: Tech Apprenticeship Summit, July 11, 2017
- Parallelism, the Cloud, and the Tools of the Future for the next generation of practitioners, SC (Super Computing) Conference, November 16, 2011
- Parallel Education Status Check – Which Programming Approaches Make the Cut for Parallelism in Undergraduate Education?, Intel Developer Forum, September 15, 2011
- Battle of the Cloud Sync Solutions, Adobe Technology Summit, May 12, 2011
- Parallelism and Education: Navigating Through a Sea of Cores, Intel Developer Forum, September 13, 2010
- Preparing the World for Ubiquitous Parallelism, SC (Super Computing) Conference, November 20, 2009
- Flash Platform Gaming Showcase, Adobe MAX Conference, October 07, 2009
- What Role is Technology Playing in New Business Opportunities? (P.S. It’s already happening...), Photographic Archive Council of America Conference, October 26, 2008
- Best Practices in Apprenticeship Programs for Diverse Tech Talent, Tech Inclusion, October 18, 2017
- Let's build a product development organization!, Agile by Example, October 10, 2016
- Intermediate Pixel Bender: Pixels and Beyond, Adobe MAX Conference, October 27, 2010
- Creating Effects with Pixel Bender, Adobe MAX Conference, December 02, 2008
- Creating Effects with Pixel Bender, Adobe MAX Conference, November 18, 2008